Monday, September 23, 2013

Hello, Hello. I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!

Well hello again, blogger world!  I have been away for such a long time (seriously, it's been almost a year)!

When last I left we were preparing for a trip to Disney World in January 2013.  I have no excuse for what became of me between October and January, it's one of the facts of life that these things happen, I guess.

But, the good news is, we went to Disney World in January, took lots of pictures, and had lots of adventures.  The bad news, well, the bad news is that, even though we stuck it out for as long as we possibly could each day, after the end of the second day I had a full blown fever-and-chills case of the flu (lame, I know).  Because of this, we cut our Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom days very short, but the upside is that we had two great days in Magic Kingdom and Epcot and spent some quality time at our room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in Jambo House (we almost never spend time in the hotel room on an average trip, we're always too busy going and going and going...).  And really, if you're going to be stuck feeling rotten in your hotel room, the room to pick is one that overlooks a savanna full of giraffes, zebras, and two cranky cranes that seemed to only like each other.

  This flu lingered on and on (Nathan got it too); well into the second part of our trip in Jacksonville.  And I even had it for almost three weeks after we came home!  The uber-flu had some hand in my absence from posting in the early weeks post-trip, it's true, but the really reason for my absence (besides the usual excuses like a new job at work, blah blah blah lame excuses, etc.) is this:



Yes ladies and gents, I'm engaged!  We actually got engaged in Disney World--on the Tower of Terror, in fact. Now, I know what you're thinking-  He gave her THAT ring on the Tower of Terror?!  What if something had happened to it?!  Actually, this is the ring I got after we got back from Disney.  The engagement ring he gave me on the ride looked like this:


Yep, that's a Mickey Mouse head ring he bought at a gift shop.  How cute is that?!



 However, it was, hands-down, the day that I felt the worst, so the fun was, well....less fun then it could have been. I actually couldn't sit through dinner that night at Boma. I had one bowl of soup and had to go up to the room and go to bed. Thankfully we were in our hotel, so  I could go right to bed while Nathan decided to stay and eat alone--doesn't that sound like a romantic engagement dinner?

Also, Nathan proposed on the very last day of the Disney leg of our trip (I think he was hoping I'd feel better before we left Orlando), so the full blown celebration effect we could have had was lost on us.  At least, it was lost on me (I mean, I was excited, but you know how it is when you're flat-out sick?)

But, to celebrate properly and bask in the joy of being engaged in Disney World, we're going back!!!! Yes, you heard me right, we're actually three weeks or so away from another WDW trip!  Can you believe it?!  This time we'll be in the beta test of a bunch of Disney's new projects (MyMagic+ perhaps?  FastPass+?), we'll be attending MNSSHP for the first time, seeing Fantasmic for the first time, and eating at a bunch of new places.  I'll be sharing more about our last trip, and talking more about all the cool things we're getting ready for on this trip soon, I promise!

In the meantime, stay tuned for more fun blog hops, and maybe even some more book reviews from Disney's publishing arm (while I haven't been writing, I have been reading!).




2 comments:

  1. Wow - engaged at Disney! Awesome! That's my 19-year-old daughter's dream. :)

    I was sick with sinus issues on our last trip last September. It's miserable to be sick at Disney because you just want to get out there, soak up the magic, and enjoy. I'm glad you're getting a chance to go back and do it all over again.

    Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you were sick on your last trip too. You're right, it's so hard because you don't want to waste a second. I'm stocking up on Emergen-c this time, and taking my vitamins!

    We're calling this trip our "engagement" trip, so I'm hoping we get lots of fun engaged pictures this time around.

    ReplyDelete