Monday, September 23, 2013

Tiggerific Tuesday Trivia Blog Hop

Welcome to Disney World Delights triumphant return to the blogging world  (well, okay, maybe it's more like my under-the-radar return to the blogging world) with this week's edition of the Tiggerific Tuesday blog hop.

I'm linking up through Heidi from Heidi's Head, so check out her page all her friends who are co-hosting this hop. Jennifer from Disney Babies Blog, Mike from My Dreams of Disney, and Jodi from Magical Mouse Schoolhouse.  Here's a little tidbit I just learned while watching a planning DVD for our upcoming trip in October.

Did you know Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy?

 Donald Fauntleroy Duck

Apparently it's a reference to his sailor's hat, in connection to Little Lord Fauntleroy suits, or so they say.

This was revealed in Donald Gets Drafted--a 1942, nine minute long, film produced by Walt Disney Productions.  In this short cartoon, Donald is drafted to fight in World War II.  It was the first of a five-part series in which Donald was in the Army.  This film obviously came after the 1941 attach on Pearl Harbor, which was a contributing factor to the US entering WWII.

Check out all the other fun trivia and join the hop!

Tiggerific+Tuesday+Trivia Tiggerific Tuesday #DisneyTrivia: Is Mickey Mouse Left  or Right Handed?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up and for reading my blog! I'm thrilled to know I've inspired your return to blogging (at least for today!) I had heard this trivia tidbit before, but it's one of those things that is easy to forget, so it's nice to be reminded.

    Guess what we were doing yesterday? Watching our new planning DVD! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about getting that planning DVD always makes it real to me! It means that Disney fun is within reach again!

      Delete
  2. I knew that was his name, but I didn't know the story behind it! Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete