Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Disney Countdown! 19 weeks/19 memories- confession

Welcome to the second installment of my Disney Countdown.   Each week until out next Disney trip I'll be counting down my favorite memories from out last trip and the things we're the most excited to do when we arrive again in January.  Today I have a confession for you all.... ready?  It's a big one....


We did not think Soarin' was worth the hype.There, I said it.



I mean, it was a cool concept, and it was enjoyable enough, but it didn't light that fire for us.


Now maybe it was because we foolishly chose to ride Soarin' the first evening we arrived and having been on a real plane pretty much all day made us tired of flying.  Or maybe we really needed something a little more exciting after a long day, but we both agreed that the ride wouldn't be worth the monumental wait times it garners. Our first night in Disney on our last trip we were there when Epcot had evening EMH.  We rode Soarin' much earlier in the evening (when there was no line) and as we sat eating a late dinner at Sunshine Seasons, we thought about giving it another try, but we were amazed to see the people flooding in after Illuminations to get on Soarin' and we just looked at each other in confusion. I guess we just didn't get it.

That said, we'll try Soarin' again on our next trip.  We did only give it the one chance, and we might enjoy it more if we don't ride it first thing. Maybe I'll be a Soarin' convert soon!

What do you think about Soarin'?  Do you think it lives up to the hype?

No comments:

Post a Comment