Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Disney Countdown. 18 weeks, 18 memories


Welcome to this week's installment of my Disney countdown, just 18 weeks to go!

So many of my favorite memories from our last trip to Disney are connected to the experience my boyfriend, Nathan, had while we were there.  Nathan hadn't been to Disney World in 19 years--so there was a LOT of "new" things for him to see and do, and there's a special kind of enjoyment when you get to watch someone experience your favorite things about Disney for the first time. We were headed to Hollywood Studios the last day of our trip, and, while Hollywood Studios hasn't changed too much in the last few years, Nathan had never experienced The Tower of Terror! 


He said he remembered it being built when he was there last time, but it was in the very early stages so he knew nothing about it.  We were at the park for rope drop (of course!) and, since Tower of Terror is one of my all time favorite rides, we headed there first.  We were among the first on the ride that day, so he didn't even get a chance to see the doors open and hear the screams.  He told me later that he thought it was going to be some sort of roller coaster, and when the doors opened and the car moved forward, he was sure he was right.  Then, as the lights went out for that split second before you fall, I knew he was confused...and then....
down 
we
 went.

As the elevator started to break and go back up, I heard him laughing....giggling almost (although he wouldn't want me to say that, so let's just keep it between us).  We got off the ride and I said "do you want to go again?" And got an enthusiastic "Yes!".  I think we rode Tower of Terror the most that day- maybe three or four times more.  He said he enjoyed it more the second time, because he knew what it was going to do (he's the kind of guy who wants to know how the movie ends halfway through it), but for me, nothing could compare to hearing him giggle in the darkness the first time he experienced it.

He was also really loved the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster that day, and we rode that until I couldn't ride it again (it was the only ride we fastpassed all week).  But that's a post for another day.

Thanks for joining me as I count down to the next time we get to enter.....the Twilight Zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment